Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: Customers may cancel their registration and receive a complete refund if the request is made on or before the league's posted registration deadline. If right after the League's Registration Deadline, KnoxSSC will take $10 out of the refund to cover Transaction Fees and Shirt Costs. Refund Request must be made within 5 Days of the Deadline ending. No refunds will be issued if requested 6 or more days after the deadline.
To request a refund prior to the registration deadline, please contact James at [email protected]
In the event that a league is canceled due to insufficient sign-ups or for any other reason, customers will receive a complete refund of their registration fee. If payment was made online via PayPal, the refund will be issued via PayPal. If made by an electronic voucher, the voucher will be released and can be used in the future. Alternatively, the customer may opt for credit toward a different current or future league.
A: When a game is canceled due to weather or any other reason, we will notify players via the following channels:
Game cancellations will depend on the severity of the weather and will be decided on a case by case basis. We will try to announce game cancellations at least one hour before the game time.
Q: How are league standings determined?
A: Initial standings are determined by the number of league points (PTS). In the event of a tie, the following tie-breaking rules are used. If there is still a tie after a given tie-breaking rule is applied, the next one in the list is used.
- Head2Head is first, but only when 2 teams are tied with the same record, if three or more have the same record, Head2Head isn't used. It then goes:
- Win-Tie-Loss Percentage (WTL%). With ties counting as half a win, the percentage of games that were won.
- Strength of Victory (SOV). The average of the records of a team's defeated opponents for each instance in which they competed. Teams which defeat teams with good records have a higher SOV than teams which defeat with poor records.
- Strength of Schedule (SOS). Two times the average of a team's played opponents + the average of the a team's opponent's opponents, divided by 3. Assesses the relative difficulty of a team's schedule.
- Points Against (PA). The team with the lowest number of points scored against them wins.
- Team with the awesomest name.